EUROPE/GERMANY - German and African Bishops discuss African migration to Europe
Munich (Agenzia Fides) - German Bishops and a delegation from the Episcopal Conferences of Africa and Madagascar (SECAM) are holding a five-day joint meeting on migration with particular reference to African migrants in Europe which opens on the evening of Monday, March 28, 2011 in Munich, Germany, with fifteen delegates from each side.
According to a statement sent to Fides, the Bishops will discuss among other things the following topics: the background and causes of African migration to Germany; the legal and political framework of European migration policy; the impact of migration on Africa - social, economic and societal consequences; and the Church at the service of African migrants in Germany.
The Bishops are also expected to hold talks with some German Government officials and the President of the Federal Republic of Germany, His Excellency Christian Wulff. (L.M.) (Agenzia Fides 28/3/2011)
- 2014-12-19 - The Star Singers want to "ensure healthy nutrition for children in the Philippines and around the world"
- 2014-10-11 - Newness of the Blessed Scalabrini in the Migration world today
- 2013-12-18 - EUROPE/GERMANY – From the Star Singers: "a blessing for refugee children in Malawi and around the world"
- 2013-10-14 - Syrian Refugees in the Benedictine abbey of Weingarten
- 2013-10-09 - "Exodus for Peace": The Contribution of the Scalabrini Family on a journey with migrants and refugees
- 2012-12-20 - From the Star Singers: a blessing for Tanzania
- 2012-10-10 - Experience communion among differences is possible if we remain in Christ, as the branches and the vine
- 2011-12-21 - "Knock on doors, insist on your rights": 54th Campaign of the Star Singers (Sternsinger) who have chosen Nicaragua as this year’s symbol country
- 2011-10-12 - The catholicity of the Church: Gift and Mission
- 2011-09-14 - Appeal during the International Meeting Man and Religions: "It is time to change, the world needs more hope and more peace"