VATICAN - The Intentions entrusted to the Apostleship of Prayer for 2012
Vatican City (Agenzia Fides) – Following are the Intentions that the Holy Father Benedict XVI has entrusted to the Apostleship of Prayer for 2012.
General: That the victims of natural disasters may receive the spiritual and material comfort they need to rebuild their lives.
Missionary: That the dedication of Christians to peace may bear witness to the name of Christ before all men and women of good will.
General: That all peoples may have access to water and other resources needed for daily life.
Missionary: That the Lord may sustain the efforts of health workers assisting the sick and elderly in the world’s poorest regions.
General: That the whole world may recognize the contribution of women to the development of society.
Missionary: That the Holy Spirit may grant perseverance to those who suffer discrimination, persecution, or death for the name of Christ, particularly in Asia.
General: That many young people may hear the call of Christ and follow him in the priesthood and religious life.
Missionary: That the risen Christ may be a sign of certain hope for the men and women of the African continent.
General: That initiatives which defend and uphold the role of the family may be promoted within society.
Missionary: That Mary, Queen of the World and Star of Evangelization, may accompany all missionaries in proclaiming her Son Jesus.
General: That believers may recognize in the Eucharist the living presence of the Risen One who accompanies them in daily life.
Missionary: That Christians in Europe may rediscover their true identity and participate with greater enthusiasm in the proclamation of the Gospel.
General: That everyone may have work in safe and secure conditions.
Missionary: That Christian volunteers in mission territories may witness to the love of Christ.
General: That prisoners may be treated with justice and respect for their human dignity.
Missionary: That young people, called to follow Christ, may be willing to proclaim and bear witness to the Gospel to the ends of the earth.
General: That politicians may always act with honesty, integrity, and love for the truth.
Missionary: That Christian communities may have a growing willingness to send missionaries, priests, and lay people, along with concrete resources, to the poorest Churches.
General: That the New Evangelization may progress in the oldest Christian countries.
Missionary: That the celebration of World Mission Day may result in a renewed commitment to evangelization.
General: That Bishops, priests, and all ministers of the Gospel may bear the courageous witness of fidelity to the crucified and risen Lord.
Missionary: That the pilgrim Church on earth may shine as a light to the nations.
General: That migrants throughout the world may be welcomed with generosity and authentic love, especially by Christian communities.
Missionary: That Christ may reveal himself to all humanity with the light that shines forth from Bethlehem and is reflected in the face of his Church.
From the Vatican, 31 December 2010 Benedictus PP XVI
(Agenzia Fides 1/2/2011)
- 2013-06-14 VATICAN - Cardinal Filoni consecrates St. Anthony Church in the UAE: "Confidence and hope for Christians"
- 2013-06-13 VATICAN - "Renew faith overcoming temptations from different cultures," Cardinal Fernando Filoni’s visit in UAE continues
- 2013-06-11 VATICAN - Cardinal Fernando Filoni’s visit in the UAE to consecrate the new Church of St. Anthony
- 2013-06-04 VATICAN - The conditions of Christians in Iraq and Egypt: Reunion of the Aid Agencies for the Oriental Churches
- 2013-06-04 VATICAN - Father Fernando Domingues, new Secretary General of the Pontifical Society of St. Peter Apostle
- 2013-05-23 VATICAN - The Pope prays for Catholics in China on the feast of Our Lady of Sheshan
- 2013-05-20 VATICAN - The Pope launches "Missio", an "App" for smartphones with Fides news
- 2013-05-18 VATICAN - "The PMS, concrete sign for the special attention to the young Churches," Cardinal Filoni at the audience with Pope Francis
- 2013-05-18 VATICAN - The Holy Father's Speech addressed to the Pontifical Mission Societies
- 2013-05-14 VATICAN - "There is need to give renewal to the missionary animation of the Churches of ancient tradition," says the President of the Pontifical Mission Societies National Directors