OCEANIA/PAPUA NEW GUINEA - Five days of meetings, spirituality and celebration for 520 young people in Vanimo
Vanimo (Agenzia Fides) – A great rally of young Catholics concluded this morning, Saturday, 15 January, in the coastal area of the diocese of Vanimo, in the St John Maria Vianney Minor Seminary. According to information received by Fides, 520 young people from villages in the four parishes along the coast, accompanied by their parish priests, who alternately presided over the morning celebrations of the Holy Eucharist, experienced a life of community for five days, consisting of listening to the Word of God, of prayer, and of communal reflection, guided by Bishop Cesare Bonivento of Vanimo, by Vicar General Mons. Thomas Tomy, by Father Augustine and by the team from the diocesan Centre for pro-life and fighting AIDS. The youth enjoyed the evenings with songs, plays and local dances they prepared and enacted. On this occasion for the first time the diocesan youth Olympics were held. The success of the event is thanks to the work of the organizing committee, led by the Bishop, and also to the association of Catholic Women, who were busy in the kitchen sharing the fruits and vegetables of the various villages. The young people requested that there be a follow-up to this meeting, so a Diocesan Youth Committee will provide continuity to the initiative. In particular, the youth expressed a desire for continuous formation at the diocesan and parish level. (ST/SL) (Agenzia Fides 15/01/2011)
OCEANIA/PAPUA NEW GUINEA
- 2014-03-01 OCEANIA/PAPUA NEW GUINEA - Bishops: urgent “truly humane” response to question of refugees
- 2014-02-03 OCEANIA/PAPUA NEW GUINEA - UN Coordinator in Papua: "Additional reflection is needed with regards to death penalty"
- 2014-01-31 OCEANIA/PAPUA NEW GUINEA - Archbishop Young: concern for the 13 prisoners that will be executed
- 2014-01-30 OCEANIA/PAPUA NEW GUINEA - The Church: population growth is not a nightmare
- 2014-01-28 OCEANIA/PAPUA NEW GUINEA – Does Papua New Guinea want notoriety thanks to the death penalty?
- 2014-01-23 OCEANIA/PAPUA NEW GUINEA - On the feast of St. Francis de Sales, the Church reflects on witchcraft
- 2014-01-02 OCEANIA/PAPUA NEW GUINEA - Fight against witchcraft: the vital contribution of Churches
- 2013-12-19 OCEANIA/PAPUA NEW GUINEA - A nun at the service of the illiterate and people with AIDS
- 2013-11-29 OCEANIA/PAPUA NEW GUINEA - The Church in the Pacific wants to be more present in the media
- 2013-11-18 OCEANIA/PAPUA NEW GUINEA - Bishop Rolando Santos: "The light of faith to enlighten the lives of families"