OCEANIA/PAPUA NEW GUINEA - Catechism of the Catholic Church translated into the Pidgin language
Goroka (Agenzia Fides) – It is a cause for great satisfaction to the local church and of hope for evangelization: the Bishop of Goroka, Bishop Francesco Sarego, SVD, leading a team of clerics and theologians, has completed the translation of the Catechism of the Catholic Church into the Pidgin language, the language prevalent in Papua.
The Bishops of Papua New Guinea have joyfully approved the invaluable work. It was immediately published: each diocese in Papua received 5,000 copies, available for sale to the public for only 3 Euros.
The missionaries and faithful rejoiced for this valuable publication. Catechists are especially happy to have this new teaching tool. They also hope that the Bible, as well as educational and biblical-themed films, films of the lives of saints, and documentaries for schools, will also be translated into Pidgin. In light of the tireless efforts being carried out by Protestant denominations in the mass media, in fact, many are asking the Catholic community to invest more in evangelization through print, radio, television, films, DVDs, and CDs, along with the formation of people professionally and spiritually trained for this kind of apostolate. (PA) (Agenzia Fides 09/24/2010)
OCEANIA/PAPUA NEW GUINEA
- 2014-04-24 - Pilgrimage on foot for the 80th anniversary of evangelization in the highlands of Papua
- 2014-03-01 - Bishops: urgent “truly humane” response to question of refugees
- 2014-02-03 - UN Coordinator in Papua: "Additional reflection is needed with regards to death penalty"
- 2014-01-31 - Archbishop Young: concern for the 13 prisoners that will be executed
- 2014-01-30 - The Church: population growth is not a nightmare
- 2014-01-28 - OCEANIA/PAPUA NEW GUINEA – Does Papua New Guinea want notoriety thanks to the death penalty?
- 2014-01-23 - On the feast of St. Francis de Sales, the Church reflects on witchcraft
- 2014-01-02 - Fight against witchcraft: the vital contribution of Churches
- 2013-12-19 - A nun at the service of the illiterate and people with AIDS
- 2013-11-29 - The Church in the Pacific wants to be more present in the media