OCEANIA/PAPUA NEW GUINEA - Catechism of the Catholic Church translated into the Pidgin language
Goroka (Agenzia Fides) – It is a cause for great satisfaction to the local church and of hope for evangelization: the Bishop of Goroka, Bishop Francesco Sarego, SVD, leading a team of clerics and theologians, has completed the translation of the Catechism of the Catholic Church into the Pidgin language, the language prevalent in Papua.
The Bishops of Papua New Guinea have joyfully approved the invaluable work. It was immediately published: each diocese in Papua received 5,000 copies, available for sale to the public for only 3 Euros.
The missionaries and faithful rejoiced for this valuable publication. Catechists are especially happy to have this new teaching tool. They also hope that the Bible, as well as educational and biblical-themed films, films of the lives of saints, and documentaries for schools, will also be translated into Pidgin. In light of the tireless efforts being carried out by Protestant denominations in the mass media, in fact, many are asking the Catholic community to invest more in evangelization through print, radio, television, films, DVDs, and CDs, along with the formation of people professionally and spiritually trained for this kind of apostolate. (PA) (Agenzia Fides 09/24/2010)
OCEANIA/PAPUA NEW GUINEA
- 2015-05-13 - Letter of Bishops: "The evil of capital punishment"
- 2015-05-11 - Bishops' Letter for the "Pacific Games": Sport, a tool for growth
- 2015-05-05 - Consecrated Life has the responsibility of "waking up a world" asleep in comfortable compromises
- 2015-03-31 - Cases of multidrug resistant tuberculosis increase and there is little accessibility to healthcare
- 2015-03-27 - "WeCare!" Foundation: support to vulnerable women and marginalized children and young people
- 2015-02-03 - The Bishops: "safe and humane conditions for refugees"
- 2015-01-19 - Bishops' Pastoral Plan: "Go and tell everyone"
- 2015-01-15 - Twenty years with Blessed Peter ToRot, an example for every Christian
- 2014-12-18 - The Bishop of Alotau’s appeal for the population
- 2014-10-03 - The President of Bishops: "Family in Melanesia is an intense network of relationships"