AMERICA/URUGUAY - IV Missionary Congress “To Know Christ: A Gift; To Preach Him: Our Mission”
Montevideo (Agenzia Fides) – The IV Missionary Congress will take place on October 2 and 3 at the House of Nazareth in Montevideo, Uruguay. The event is organized by the National Missionary Center.
The objective of this congress is to continue to deepen in the proposal of Aparecida, where the main objective is to make everyone missionary disciples. It will be a seminar-style meeting with active participation, finding the elements needed to become a Church in the position of a "Permanent First Announcement [of the Gospel]."
According to the program sent to Fides, the National Missionary Center (CENAMIS) seeks to deepen in the sense of a Church in a situation of permanent mission, to share experiences of missionary activity, and recognize that together we can make the Church in Uruguay a church that proclaims the Good News to all. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 03/09/2010)
- 2013-12-19 - Over 13 thousand signatures in favor of clean environment
- 2013-12-13 - The legalization of marijuana will destroy family
- 2013-10-07 - The family at the center of missionary October
- 2013-07-02 - New educational center for the prevention of child labor
- 2013-06-21 - Invitation of the Church: a vote for a referendum against abortion
- 2013-02-23 - Social inclusion and “unity in diversity”: a challenge for the Church
- 2012-11-30 - Child labor and gender discrimination for Afro-Uruguayan children
- 2012-10-23 - Popular support for the Commission "For Life and Water" in Tacuarembó increases
- 2012-10-18 - "No violence is justified under any circumstances," the Archdiocese after the violence in the Marconi barrio of the capital
- 2012-09-27 - A Bishop joins the "Commission for Life and water"