AMERICA/URUGUAY - IV Missionary Congress “To Know Christ: A Gift; To Preach Him: Our Mission”
Montevideo (Agenzia Fides) – The IV Missionary Congress will take place on October 2 and 3 at the House of Nazareth in Montevideo, Uruguay. The event is organized by the National Missionary Center.
The objective of this congress is to continue to deepen in the proposal of Aparecida, where the main objective is to make everyone missionary disciples. It will be a seminar-style meeting with active participation, finding the elements needed to become a Church in the position of a "Permanent First Announcement [of the Gospel]."
According to the program sent to Fides, the National Missionary Center (CENAMIS) seeks to deepen in the sense of a Church in a situation of permanent mission, to share experiences of missionary activity, and recognize that together we can make the Church in Uruguay a church that proclaims the Good News to all. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 03/09/2010)
- 2015-10-20 - The Church collects information about people who disappeared during the dictatorship
- 2015-09-15 - Nearly half of all children live in the poorest households
- 2015-07-28 - AMERICA/URUGUAY – State schools for children with disabilities
- 2015-05-30 - The Latin American devotion to Romero in Uruguay
- 2014-09-26 - The Bishops for the upcoming election: "We dream of a country where human life and the family are worth more than a hectare of land"
- 2014-09-19 - AMERICA/URUGUAY – The meeting of the PMS of the American Southern Cone: working together for the mission Ad gentes
- 2014-09-08 - “Passionate Communicators of the Good News”: meeting for Cono sur Pontifical Mission Societies
- 2013-12-19 - Over 13 thousand signatures in favor of clean environment
- 2013-12-13 - The legalization of marijuana will destroy family
- 2013-10-07 - The family at the center of missionary October