AMERICA/ARGENTINA - “Human life is a gift”: Church promotes adoption to prevent abortion
Buenos Aires (Agenzia Fides) – The Catholic Church offers to accompany 17-year-old teenagers, victims of sexual violence, in order to prevent minors from having abortions, as is permitted by law in Río Negro. Bishop Fernando Maletti of Bariloche said in a statement that "many brothers and sisters have offered to adopt these children, if their young mothers change their minds and decide not to terminate the pregnancy. The Diocese of the Rio Negro, through its service entitled “Pregnancy,” an organization that assists women at risk of abortion, has offered help and support, without exclusions or controversy. Bishop Maletti also expressed his disappointment with the law in favor of abortion. "Human life is a gift," the Prelate said, adding that "if the law is approved it will leave everyone, including young pregnant women, with a bitter grief and an unconcealable shame and frustration." (AP) (Agenzia Fides 15/4/2010)
- 2015-11-25 - New President: the Church hopes stronger solidarity policies for vulnerable sectors
- 2015-11-20 - Thousands occupy houses and land, the Bishop denounces the absence of state authorities
- 2015-11-17 - Family, formation of priests, environmental problems: the topics analyzed by the Bishops
- 2015-11-11 - 140 years ago the first group of Salesian missionaries arrived in Patagonia
- 2015-11-09 - Assembly of Bishops in progress: Eucharistic Congress, family and priestly formation Buenos
- 2015-11-05 - Mining company withdraws from La Rioja: statement of the Bishop and the Deputy Governor
- 2015-11-04 - The request of the diocese to the State: "Do not suspend the subsidies to schools"
- 2015-11-03 - National Day of the Sick, an opportunity aimed to arouse greater sensitivity
- 2015-10-26 - AMERICA/ARGENTINA – First stage of Bishop’s beatification process expected to take two years
- 2015-10-06 - Mgr. Gimeno in view of the elections: "We must learn to choose before voting"