AMERICA/ARGENTINA - “Human life is a gift”: Church promotes adoption to prevent abortion
Buenos Aires (Agenzia Fides) – The Catholic Church offers to accompany 17-year-old teenagers, victims of sexual violence, in order to prevent minors from having abortions, as is permitted by law in Río Negro. Bishop Fernando Maletti of Bariloche said in a statement that "many brothers and sisters have offered to adopt these children, if their young mothers change their minds and decide not to terminate the pregnancy. The Diocese of the Rio Negro, through its service entitled “Pregnancy,” an organization that assists women at risk of abortion, has offered help and support, without exclusions or controversy. Bishop Maletti also expressed his disappointment with the law in favor of abortion. "Human life is a gift," the Prelate said, adding that "if the law is approved it will leave everyone, including young pregnant women, with a bitter grief and an unconcealable shame and frustration." (AP) (Agenzia Fides 15/4/2010)
- 2014-04-10 - For the Bishop of Posadas: "Lynchings, a serious social problem to be solved together"
- 2014-04-09 - The Church invites us to be in solidarity with the victims of the rains, Neuquen is the most affected area
- 2014-03-28 - "We see trade of death on the street" denounces the Bishop of Quilmes
- 2014-03-20 - AMERICA/ARGENTINA – Teachers' strike still continues in the capital
- 2014-03-17 - "Teachers’ strike must be solved with students in the classroom", asks the Bishop of Mar del Plata
- 2014-03-10 - New policies for young people are urgently needed, because "drugs have entered all levels of society"
- 2014-03-10 - There is no adequate treatment for HIV-positive children
- 2014-03-05 - The campaign against drug abuse, a scourge for thousands of young people, restarts in Jujuy
- 2014-02-20 - "From Blessed Brochero let us learn to become missionary disciples": meeting of the diocese of Patagonia
- 2014-01-16 - On-Call service for cases of abuse, mistreatment or child neglect