AMERICA/ARGENTINA - “Human life is a gift”: Church promotes adoption to prevent abortion
Buenos Aires (Agenzia Fides) – The Catholic Church offers to accompany 17-year-old teenagers, victims of sexual violence, in order to prevent minors from having abortions, as is permitted by law in Río Negro. Bishop Fernando Maletti of Bariloche said in a statement that "many brothers and sisters have offered to adopt these children, if their young mothers change their minds and decide not to terminate the pregnancy. The Diocese of the Rio Negro, through its service entitled “Pregnancy,” an organization that assists women at risk of abortion, has offered help and support, without exclusions or controversy. Bishop Maletti also expressed his disappointment with the law in favor of abortion. "Human life is a gift," the Prelate said, adding that "if the law is approved it will leave everyone, including young pregnant women, with a bitter grief and an unconcealable shame and frustration." (AP) (Agenzia Fides 15/4/2010)
- 2013-05-07 AMERICA/ARGENTINA - Minor workers engaged in heavy activity and at risk
- 2013-04-18 AMERICA/ARGENTINA - " Pastoral ministry should always be missionary," Pope Francis’ message to his brother Argentinian bishops
- 2013-04-17 AMERICA/ARGENTINA - Bishops to the government: "More consultations on reforms, or democracy weakens "
- 2013-04-16 AMERICA/ARGENTINA - The action of young people in storms was a "silent revolution," says a Bishop
- 2013-04-04 AMERICA/ARGENTINA - More than 50 victims due to the torrential rains in Buenos Aires
- 2013-04-04 AMERICA/ARGENTINA - Bishops of Patagonia: "social peace can be reached with the participation of all"
- 2013-03-25 AMERICA/ARGENTINA - "Gestures that are potentially prophetic"
- 2013-03-14 AMERICA/ARGENTINA - The joy and the prayer of Pope Francis’ compatriots
- 2013-02-22 AMERICA/ARGENTINA - Education in the faith in schools: commitment of teachers
- 2013-01-30 AMERICA/ARGENTINA - "Drugs are also present in primary schools": Mgr. Bressanelli calls for the intervention of the State