AMERICA/ARGENTINA - “Human life is a gift”: Church promotes adoption to prevent abortion
Buenos Aires (Agenzia Fides) – The Catholic Church offers to accompany 17-year-old teenagers, victims of sexual violence, in order to prevent minors from having abortions, as is permitted by law in Río Negro. Bishop Fernando Maletti of Bariloche said in a statement that "many brothers and sisters have offered to adopt these children, if their young mothers change their minds and decide not to terminate the pregnancy. The Diocese of the Rio Negro, through its service entitled “Pregnancy,” an organization that assists women at risk of abortion, has offered help and support, without exclusions or controversy. Bishop Maletti also expressed his disappointment with the law in favor of abortion. "Human life is a gift," the Prelate said, adding that "if the law is approved it will leave everyone, including young pregnant women, with a bitter grief and an unconcealable shame and frustration." (AP) (Agenzia Fides 15/4/2010)
- 2014-12-17 - Church and government meet again
- 2014-12-11 - Drug and human trafficking: "There are people who have money stained with blood in their pocket"
- 2014-11-28 - AMERICA/ARGENTINA – Debate on the mining law, the Bishops ask respect for the environment
- 2014-11-05 - The fight against drugs should be considered a State matter
- 2014-11-04 - Two thousand secondary school teachers gathered for the XII Education Forum
- 2014-10-30 - AMERICA/ARGENTINA – Drugs: "it is urgent to move from concern to action"
- 2014-10-28 - The Bishops' spot: where are the children who disappeared during the State terrorism?
- 2014-10-11 - During the debate on drugs, the government also looks at the position of Bishops
- 2014-10-09 - Strong commitment of the Diocese of Quilmes against human trafficking and related crimes
- 2014-10-08 - Free vaccination campaign for children