AMERICA/ARGENTINA - “Human life is a gift”: Church promotes adoption to prevent abortion
Buenos Aires (Agenzia Fides) – The Catholic Church offers to accompany 17-year-old teenagers, victims of sexual violence, in order to prevent minors from having abortions, as is permitted by law in Río Negro. Bishop Fernando Maletti of Bariloche said in a statement that "many brothers and sisters have offered to adopt these children, if their young mothers change their minds and decide not to terminate the pregnancy. The Diocese of the Rio Negro, through its service entitled “Pregnancy,” an organization that assists women at risk of abortion, has offered help and support, without exclusions or controversy. Bishop Maletti also expressed his disappointment with the law in favor of abortion. "Human life is a gift," the Prelate said, adding that "if the law is approved it will leave everyone, including young pregnant women, with a bitter grief and an unconcealable shame and frustration." (AP) (Agenzia Fides 15/4/2010)
- 2015-03-11 - 400 years of evangelization in Posadas: "we share the joy of evangelizing"
- 2015-03-04 - "God did not create borders": for 65 years a Mass for brotherhood between Chile and Argentina
- 2015-02-17 - During Lent let us assess our spirit of mission: message from Archbishop Arancedo
- 2015-02-14 - Mgr. Buenanueva:"We need good quality citizens"
- 2015-02-12 - Mgr. Lozano denounces: deaths due to child malnutrition in the country
- 2015-01-22 - Nisman case: Bishops: "the people want the truth"
- 2015-01-15 - Divine Word Missionaries from Asia, Africa and Oceania work in Argentina
- 2015-01-09 - Tuberculosis and Chagas disease out of control in the Chaco
- 2014-12-23 - Church and government for the common good and peace of the country
- 2014-12-19 - AMERICA/ARGENTINA – The Bishops: "Working together to build a more fraternal Country"