AMERICA/ECUADOR - Delegates from Holy Childhood Association organize activities for 2010
Quito (Agenzia Fides) – On Saturday, November 14th, at the Office of the National Office of the PMS-Ecuador, a meeting was held for delegates of the Pontifical Holy Childhood Association on a national level. The main focus of this meeting was the planning of activities for the HCA in 2010. This meeting was also for the national working group formed by all the delegates of the 24 jurisdictions. Attended by delegates of the HCA from the Archdioceses of Cuenca and Quito, the Dioceses of Tulcan, Guaranda, Loja, Babahoyo, Azogues, Ibarra, and also of the Apostolic Vicariates of Zamora, Aguarico, Napo and Sucumbios. The PMS has been working in Ecuador since 1950, when they were proposed by Cardinal Bernardino Echeverria Ruiz, Bishop of Ambato, and thus began their work in that diocese. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 19/11/2009)
- 2013-04-09 ASIA/AFGHANISTAN - In the country there are more than 8 million students, 39% of whom are girls
- 2013-04-03 ASIA/AFGHANISTAN - Parents forced to sell their children to cope with poverty
- 2012-11-29 AFRICA - The African Church will set up "Faith, Culture and Development" Organ
- 2012-09-07 ASIA/AFGHANISTAN - A million children under 5 years of age are malnourished
- 2012-06-26 ASIA/AFGHANISTAN - Victims and people missing due to heavy rainfall recorded in the last days
- 2012-05-25 ASIA/AFGHANISTAN - The Taliban attack girls' schools in order to force the closure
- 2012-05-12 ASIA/AFGHANISTAN - The "Party of Solidarity" at risk, accused by "warlords"
- 2012-04-18 ASIA/AFGHANISTAN -Apprehension for disabled children of the Pro Children Association of Kabul
- 2012-04-16 ASIA/AFGHANISTAN - Leaders of civil society: "It will take ten years to stop the Taliban, but the people are not with them"
- 2012-03-12 ASIA/AFGHANISTAN - The massacre of Kandahar "plays into the hands of the Taliban": Civil society calls for justice and transparency