AMERICA/UNITED STATES - PMS in the United States intensify work through Internet and Facebook
New York (Agenzia Fides) - In the week immediately before World Mission Sunday, final preparations by the US Pontifical Mission Societies Office have included an expanding of their presence on the Internet, in terms of materials and outreach, as well as continuing radio interviews. This is what Agenzia Fides learned in a statement recently sent from Monica Yehle of the PMS National Offices in New York City.
Taking advantage of the new media to make the message of mission known, the Pontifical Mission Societies "fan" page on Facebook features information on parish materials, as well as news of the Missions. They have also launched a new website version of MISSION magazine, spotlighting particular articles from the current issue.
In addition, PMS National Director Monsignor John Kozar, drawing on the popularity of the "Mission Lessons" radio messages has been the guest of local radio programs in September and October, talking about World Mission Sunday, the Pontifical Mission Societies, and the Missions, in general. Those interviews are being scheduled into this week before the celebration as well.
Monsignor Kozar will be presenting the mission message to young people in this week before World Mission Sunday, at a religious education gathering in the Diocese of Allentown.
Finally, all parish materials continue to available for downloading at their special World Mission Sunday website. (AR) (Agenzia Fides 14/10/2009)
- 2013-04-09 ASIA/AFGHANISTAN - In the country there are more than 8 million students, 39% of whom are girls
- 2013-04-03 ASIA/AFGHANISTAN - Parents forced to sell their children to cope with poverty
- 2012-11-29 AFRICA - The African Church will set up "Faith, Culture and Development" Organ
- 2012-09-07 ASIA/AFGHANISTAN - A million children under 5 years of age are malnourished
- 2012-06-26 ASIA/AFGHANISTAN - Victims and people missing due to heavy rainfall recorded in the last days
- 2012-05-25 ASIA/AFGHANISTAN - The Taliban attack girls' schools in order to force the closure
- 2012-05-12 ASIA/AFGHANISTAN - The "Party of Solidarity" at risk, accused by "warlords"
- 2012-04-18 ASIA/AFGHANISTAN -Apprehension for disabled children of the Pro Children Association of Kabul
- 2012-04-16 ASIA/AFGHANISTAN - Leaders of civil society: "It will take ten years to stop the Taliban, but the people are not with them"
- 2012-03-12 ASIA/AFGHANISTAN - The massacre of Kandahar "plays into the hands of the Taliban": Civil society calls for justice and transparency