ASIA/CHINA - Mainland Catholics mark 80th anniversary of the first Council of the Church in China Primum Concilium Sinense and the founding of the Shrine in honour of Our Lady “Mary Queen of China”
DongLu (Fides Service) - On Saturday 15 May, Catholics communities in various parts of mainland China celebrated the 80th anniversary of the first Council of the Church in China Primum Concilium Sinense 15 May1924 to12 June 1924 and the opening of a Shrine in honour of Our Lady with the title “Mary Queen of China”. Celebrations were particularly important in Donglu where the shrine is situated. All through the month of May people come on pilgrimage to Donglu from all over the country. This year the numbers are higher than ever because of the 80th anniversary. The Primum Concilium Sinense was presided by the first Apostolic Delegate on behalf of Pope Pius XI, Archbishop Celso Costantini, later made a Cardinal. (Agenzia Fides 18/05/2004 Lines: 15 Words: 139)
- 2014-06-04 - Priest kidnapped, the JRS: "We trust in local communities"
- 2014-06-03 - Jesuit kidnapped: Fr. Moretti asks for "prayer and silence"
- 2014-02-26 - ASIA/AFGHANISTAN – Humanitarian aid and videogames for orphans in Herat
- 2014-01-29 - Peace and reconciliation: the expectations of the Afghan civil society
- 2013-09-23 - Minors abducted and exploited for the practice of "Bacha Bazi"
- 2013-09-09 - "To execute the converts to Christianity": shock-appeal in Parliament
- 2013-04-09 - In the country there are more than 8 million students, 39% of whom are girls
- 2013-04-03 - Parents forced to sell their children to cope with poverty
- 2012-11-29 - The African Church will set up "Faith, Culture and Development" Organ
- 2012-09-07 - A million children under 5 years of age are malnourished