ASIA/TAIWAN - Pastoral Letter “Adoring the Body of Christ in the Eucharist, giving our people loving care” to mark 80th anniversary the proclamation of Mary as “Queen of China” on the occasion of the Primum Concilum Sinense (15 May 1924 - 12 June 1924)
Taipei (Fides Service) - In May 1924, 80 years ago in Shanghai the Catholic community in China gathered for its first council, Primum Concilum Sinense under the guidance of the first delegate apostolic, Archbishop Celso Costantini (later Cardinal) with a mandate from Pope Pius XI. On that occasion the Church in China declared Mary “Queen of China” and built a shrine in her honour and putting the Catholic community in China under her protection.
To mark this important anniversary the Chinese Regional Bishops’ Conference has issued a pastoral letter with the title “Adoring the Body of Christ in the Eucharist,giving our people loving care”. The letter focuses on five principal points: Jesus, Mary and the Church; Veneration of Our Lade in China; the Chinese Hierarchy and the Church-bridge, Church-sister; Celebrations for 80th anniversary of “Mary Queen of China” shrine; Prayer of entrustment of China to Our Lady.
(Agenzia Fides 17/05/2004 Lines: 20 Words: 198)
- 2014-06-04 - Priest kidnapped, the JRS: "We trust in local communities"
- 2014-06-03 - Jesuit kidnapped: Fr. Moretti asks for "prayer and silence"
- 2014-02-26 - ASIA/AFGHANISTAN – Humanitarian aid and videogames for orphans in Herat
- 2014-01-29 - Peace and reconciliation: the expectations of the Afghan civil society
- 2013-09-23 - Minors abducted and exploited for the practice of "Bacha Bazi"
- 2013-09-09 - "To execute the converts to Christianity": shock-appeal in Parliament
- 2013-04-09 - In the country there are more than 8 million students, 39% of whom are girls
- 2013-04-03 - Parents forced to sell their children to cope with poverty
- 2012-11-29 - The African Church will set up "Faith, Culture and Development" Organ
- 2012-09-07 - A million children under 5 years of age are malnourished