Science and Medicine
AMERICA/PERU - Caritas Puno in Peru opens two new healthcare centres in remote areas
Rome (Fides Service) - With a joint venture of Caritas Puno in Peru and the Peru -France Contravalor Fund, the construction of two healthcare institutes to serve peasants in the area of Puno in Peru began on April 17.
The centres, one at Chullunquiani and the other at Isidro, will serve 1,200 needy families in this region close to the Bolivian border in the provinces of Lampa and San Antonio de Putina.
The centres will have modern equipment and a team of resident healthcare workers who will be at the service of the local people. (AP) (3/5/2004 Agenzia Fides; Righe:12; Parole:109)
SCIENCE AND MEDICINE
- 2009-11-05 - 748 new suspected cases of dengue fever: national mobilization against mosquitoes to fight epidemic hitting the country for the first time
- 2009-11-05 - Armed conflicts, misinformation, lack of access to basic social services, drug addicts and precarious social status of women among the causes of the increase in HIV/AIDS
- 2009-11-03 - Capuchins start hospital for islands of Fogo and Brava
- 2009-10-31 - Ethics knows neither social state nor age limit: Conference on medical and research ethics
- 2009-10-27 - For the first time, refugee children vaccinated against measles in Waziristan zone
- 2009-10-22 - Catholic Church launches campaign against AIDS
- 2009-10-19 - Van Lang Elementary School opened thanks to Italian Association Amici di Raoul Follereau (AIFO)
- 2009-09-18 - September 23-24 in Rome, European medical experts meet for a presentation of the “Health and Child” project
- 2009-09-16 - Catholic Church confirms commitment to the poor and most in need
- 2009-09-14 - At least 673 cases of acute diarrhea and/or cholera in 11 of the 34 provinces in the nation