VATICAN - Like Saint Therese of the Child Jesus, virgin, Doctor of the Church, now secondary patroness of the Apostleship of Prayer, everyone can live a life of prayer, charity, and the humility and simplicity of the Gospel”.
Vatican City (Fides Service) - “This proclamation will benefit the members of the Apostleship of Prayer who will receive abundant blessings from the Lord to enable them to follow like Saint Therese of Lisieux, a life of prayer, charity, the humility and simplicity of the Gospel, offering themselves every day at the heart of the Church for the life of the world.” This was how the Superior General of the Jesuits, Director General of the Apostleship of Prayer, communicated to the Prepositor General of the Carmelites that Saint Therese of the Child Jesus, virgin, Doctor of the Church, had been appointed secondary patroness of the Apostleship of Prayer.
The Congregation for Divine Worship and the Discipline of the Sacraments approved this election with a decree dated 6 March 2004 (Prot. 2147/02/L). The Letter from the Jesuit Superior General made known to the Mother House of the Carmelites Casa affirms: “Saint Therese who wished to be ‘a daughter of the Church and to pray for the intentions of the Pope, aware that his intentions embrace the universe’ now as heavenly patroness will intercede so that this communion of prayer will further the building up of the Church and the coming of the Kingdom of God. On behalf of the Apostleship of Prayer and on my own behalf I renew my gratitude for the kind collaboration offered by the Order of Discalsed Carmelites.” (S.L.) (Agenzia Fides 15/4/2004 - Righe 15; Parole 198)
- 2014-09-09 - JRS: optimistic about release of Jesuit priest taken hostage in June
- 2014-09-09 - A Christian MP in Iraq’s new government
- 2014-06-04 - Priest kidnapped, the JRS: "We trust in local communities"
- 2014-06-03 - Jesuit kidnapped: Fr. Moretti asks for "prayer and silence"
- 2014-02-26 - ASIA/AFGHANISTAN – Humanitarian aid and videogames for orphans in Herat
- 2014-01-29 - Peace and reconciliation: the expectations of the Afghan civil society
- 2013-09-23 - Minors abducted and exploited for the practice of "Bacha Bazi"
- 2013-09-09 - "To execute the converts to Christianity": shock-appeal in Parliament
- 2013-04-09 - In the country there are more than 8 million students, 39% of whom are girls
- 2013-04-03 - Parents forced to sell their children to cope with poverty