AFRICA/RWANDA - The Office for Social Communications of the Rwandan Bishops’ Conference has announced that on the basis of a recent censure more than one million people perished in massacres in Rwanda in 1994
Kigali (Fides Service) - With regard to the number of people killed in the 1994 genocide in Rwanda, Rev. Dominique Karekezi Office for Social Communications of the Rwandan Bishops’ Conference told Fides. “The results of latest censure show than more than one million people were killed in only three months of massacres. We are waiting for ulterior information which could result in an even higher figure”.
Tomorrow April 6 Fides will issue a report on the genocide in Rwanda and on other events of genocide in history, titled “Rwanda, the last genocide?”(L.M.) (Agenzia Fides 5/4/2004, righe 15 parole115)
- 2015-02-23 - Release of Indian Jesuit held hostage for eight months
- 2014-12-05 - ASIA/AFGHANISTAN – First baby arrives in MSF new maternity centre in Kabul
- 2014-09-09 - JRS: optimistic about release of Jesuit priest taken hostage in June
- 2014-09-09 - A Christian MP in Iraq’s new government
- 2014-06-04 - Priest kidnapped, the JRS: "We trust in local communities"
- 2014-06-03 - Jesuit kidnapped: Fr. Moretti asks for "prayer and silence"
- 2014-02-26 - ASIA/AFGHANISTAN – Humanitarian aid and videogames for orphans in Herat
- 2014-01-29 - Peace and reconciliation: the expectations of the Afghan civil society
- 2013-09-23 - Minors abducted and exploited for the practice of "Bacha Bazi"
- 2013-09-09 - "To execute the converts to Christianity": shock-appeal in Parliament