Instrumentum mensis Novembris pro lectura Magisterii Summi Pontificis Benedicti XVI pro evangelizatione in terris missionum
During the general audiences of this month, the Holy Father, Pope Benedict XVI continued his cycle of teaching on St Paul, in this special Year of St Paul. On 24 November, Benedict XVI received in audience His Holiness Aram I, Catholicos of Cilicia of the Armenians: after a private conversation and a meeting with the accompanying Bishops, the Supreme Pontiff and His Holiness Aram I took part in an Ecumenical Service in the Redemptoris Mater Chapel in the Palazzo Apostolico. On the 30th , the first Sunday of Advent, the Pope resumed his pastoral visits to parishes in his diocese of Rome and went to celebrate Mass at the parish of San Lorenzo fuori le Mura, on the 1750th anniversary of the martyrdom of San Lorenzo.
During the month of November, among the many audiences granted by the Holy Father we mention the following: 6 November, participants at 1stSeminar promoted by the Catholic-Muslim Forum; 7 November, participants at an international Congress internazionale on the theme: “A Gift for Life. Considerations on Organ Donation.”; 8 November, participants at a Congress on the “Legacy of the Magisterium of Pius XII and Vatican II”; 15 November, participants at plenary assembly of the Pontifical Council for the Laity and, the same day, participants at 23rd international conference promoted by the Pontifical Council for Health Workers; 20 November, participants at the plenary assembly of the Congregation for Institutes of Consecrated Life and Societies of Apostolic Life; 22 November, participants in pilgrimage to Rome from the archdiocese of Amalfi-Cava de’ Tirreni; 29 November communities of the Marchigiano, Pugliese and Abruzzese-Molisano Pontifical Regional Seminaries.
The Holy Father also received the Bishops of Bolivia on ad limina visit. On 25 November the Supreme Pontiff sent a message to the president of the Pontifical Council for Culture on the occasion of the 13th public session of the Pontifical Academies.
On behalf of the Holy Father, Cardinal Tarcisio Bertone, Secretary of State, sent a telegramme to the Archbishop of Bombay, on 27 November, following terrorist attacks in Mumbai, the economic capital of India: in the message the Pope assured the people of his prayers and appealed for terrorist attacks to cease. Lastly we recall that in his midday Angelus reflection on 9 November the Pope appealed for reconciliation peace among the people of Darfur and the people of North Kivu (Democratic Republic of Congo).
- 2009-10-16 THE PONTIFICAL MISSION SOCIETIES FOR MISSIONARY ANIMATION AND COOPERATION
- 2009-10-15 Special Feature for Mission Sunday 2009: CATHOLIC CHURCH STATISTICS
- 2009-10-13 Instrumentum mensis Septembris pro lectura Magisterii Summi Pontificis Benedicti XVI, pro evangelizatione in terris missionum
- 2009-09-26 Dossier - THE PRINCIPAL REGIONAL ECONOMIC INSTITUTIONS OF AFRICA (4)
- 2009-09-19 Dossier - THE PRINCIPAL REGIONAL ECONOMIC INSTITUTIONS OF AFRICA (3)
- 2009-09-12 Dossier - The principal regional economic institutions of Africa (2)
- 2009-09-12 Instrumentum mensis Augusti pro lectura Magisterii Summi Pontificis Benedicti XVI, pro evangelizatione in terris missionum
- 2009-09-05 Dossier - THE MAJOR REGIONAL ECONOMIC INSTITUTIONS OF AFRICA (1)
- 2009-08-13 Dossier - Marian devotion and Marian shrines in Africa
- 2009-08-10 Dossier - The Cloister