AMERICA/PERU - “Lord, show me your way!” is the slogan of the Inculturation Work Shop for missionaries in the Apostolic Vicariate of San José del Amazonas: knowing and valorising Amazon regional myths to integrate them in the work of evangelisation
Indiana (Fides Service ) - From 11 to 14 March in Indiana (Apostolic Vicariate of San José del Amazonas) an Inculturation Work Shop for missionaries was held in the Apostolic Vicariate of San José del Amazonas with the slogan “Lord, show me your ways!” aimed at promoting knowledge and valorisation of beliefs, myths and customs of the Amazon peoples and other cultures, in order to integrate them with the work of evangelisation. It was an opportunity to study and reflect on the influence which this culture has on people. To facilitate the work of the missionaries there was also a work-shop on person-to-person relations.
The Work Shop was opened by Bishop Alberto Campos Hernández, OFM, Apostolic Vicar of the Vicariate of San José del Amazonas, and Father Javier Rodríguez Bernal, Pastoral Vicar and assessor of the Vicariate’s inculturation team. The Apostolic Vicariate of San José del Amazonas, in the Peruvian forest, called “green hell” because of the high temperatures (30-40º), has an area of 155.000 sq. km, and cares for 159.647 people of whom 121.359 are Catholics. The priests are 17 (5 diocesan and 12 religious), 1 permanent deacon, 16 Brothers and 28 women religious. The Vicariate has 10 institutes of education and 5 charity and assistance centres. (R.Z.) (Agenzia Fides 17/3/2004; righe 15 - parole 204)
- 2014-09-09 - JRS: optimistic about release of Jesuit priest taken hostage in June
- 2014-09-09 - A Christian MP in Iraq’s new government
- 2014-06-04 - Priest kidnapped, the JRS: "We trust in local communities"
- 2014-06-03 - Jesuit kidnapped: Fr. Moretti asks for "prayer and silence"
- 2014-02-26 - ASIA/AFGHANISTAN – Humanitarian aid and videogames for orphans in Herat
- 2014-01-29 - Peace and reconciliation: the expectations of the Afghan civil society
- 2013-09-23 - Minors abducted and exploited for the practice of "Bacha Bazi"
- 2013-09-09 - "To execute the converts to Christianity": shock-appeal in Parliament
- 2013-04-09 - In the country there are more than 8 million students, 39% of whom are girls
- 2013-04-03 - Parents forced to sell their children to cope with poverty