AMERICA/BRAZIL - Render operative principle lines of evangelisation in Brazil: one of the most important objectives of the 6th Meeting of Organisms of the People of God
Brasilia (Fides Service) - Promoted and organised by the Catholic Bishops’ Conference of Brazil, CNBB, in co-ordination with the Organisms of the People of God, from 26 to 28 March at the SESC Venda Nuova at Belo Horizonte (Brazil), there will be the 6th Meeting of Organisms of the People of God. The aims of the Meeting are: render the operative directing lines of the Brazilian Church’s evangelising activity and the evangelisation project “We want to see Jesus” - Way, Truth and Life”; strengthen communion and participation in the Church; promote and update the Church’s pastoral work; strive for more unity in the activity of the different organisms engaged in the pastoral and evangelising activity of the Church in Brazil.
To reach these objectives the Meeting will discuss the following themes: Theology of the Particular Church, National Evangelisation Plan, Mission in the Amazon, Evangelisation Campaign, 2005 Brotherhood Campaign. There will also be the presentation and discussion of two projects: “For a culture of justice and peace in Brazil - overcoming violence” and “School of Political Formation ”.
The event, as every year, will bring together a large and qualified group of participants (about 300): 45 priests 45 religious, 20 members of secular institutes, 170 lay people, 20 deacons engaged in pastoral work. 13 Bishops of the Presidency of the CNBB Bishops’ Commission for Pastoral CONSEP , CNBB regional under-secretaries and national assessors. (R.Z.) (Agenzia Fides 17/3/2004; righe 18 - parole 214)
- 2015-08-07 - Women and children are the main victims of the war in the Country
- 2015-07-09 - Violence prevents aid workers to provide safe medical care
- 2015-02-23 - Release of Indian Jesuit held hostage for eight months
- 2014-12-05 - ASIA/AFGHANISTAN – First baby arrives in MSF new maternity centre in Kabul
- 2014-09-09 - JRS: optimistic about release of Jesuit priest taken hostage in June
- 2014-09-09 - A Christian MP in Iraq’s new government
- 2014-06-04 - Priest kidnapped, the JRS: "We trust in local communities"
- 2014-06-03 - Jesuit kidnapped: Fr. Moretti asks for "prayer and silence"
- 2014-02-26 - ASIA/AFGHANISTAN – Humanitarian aid and videogames for orphans in Herat
- 2014-01-29 - Peace and reconciliation: the expectations of the Afghan civil society