AFRICA/CONGO RD - “Allô Elections”: new Catholic two-monthly periodical will follow electoral campaign preparing for Congo’s elections in 2005
Kinshasa (Fides Service)- Provide media support for various initiatives taken by the local Catholic Church in view of elections scheduled for 2005: this is the objective of “Allô Elections”, a brand new two-monthly Catholic published in Kinshasa, Democratic Congo, DIA local Catholic news agency in Kinshasa reports. The magasine staff includes laity, religious men and women and priests. According to its promoters “Allô Elections” will provide regular information of initiatives in parishes, movements, associations, congregations and religious communities with regard to the imminent electoral campaign. There are many initiatives but hitherto they lacked co-ordination. Now “Allô Elections” will do the job.
The magazine will published interviews with people who have important responsibilities so that can share their experience and offer advice on the electoral process. (L.M.) (Agenzia Fides 11/372004, righe 17 parole 154)
- 2014-09-09 - JRS: optimistic about release of Jesuit priest taken hostage in June
- 2014-09-09 - A Christian MP in Iraq’s new government
- 2014-06-04 - Priest kidnapped, the JRS: "We trust in local communities"
- 2014-06-03 - Jesuit kidnapped: Fr. Moretti asks for "prayer and silence"
- 2014-02-26 - ASIA/AFGHANISTAN – Humanitarian aid and videogames for orphans in Herat
- 2014-01-29 - Peace and reconciliation: the expectations of the Afghan civil society
- 2013-09-23 - Minors abducted and exploited for the practice of "Bacha Bazi"
- 2013-09-09 - "To execute the converts to Christianity": shock-appeal in Parliament
- 2013-04-09 - In the country there are more than 8 million students, 39% of whom are girls
- 2013-04-03 - Parents forced to sell their children to cope with poverty