AFRICA/MADAGASCAR - REV. ALAIN THIERRY RAHARISON APPOINTED RECTOR OF PAUL VI UNIVERSITY SEMINARY IN ANTANANARIVO
Vatican City (Fides Service) - Cardinal Crescenzio Sepe, Prefect of the Congregation for the Evangelisation of Peoples has appointed, 15 May 2003, Rector of Paul VI University Major Seminary in Antananarivo (Madagascar) Rev. Alain Thierry Raharison.
Rev. Alain Thierry Raharison was born on 2 July 1960 in Madagascar. He attended local schools and studied for the priesthood in Madagascar and France. He was ordained a priest 5 September 1987. He has since been assistant and parish priest; head of permanent formation of rural youth for Antananarivo archdiocese; companion of young student priests at the Catholic Institute of Madagascar; companion of young priests for Antananarivo archdiocese. (Fides Service 30/5/2003 EM lines 13 Words: 127)
- 2015-02-23 - Release of Indian Jesuit held hostage for eight months
- 2014-12-05 - ASIA/AFGHANISTAN – First baby arrives in MSF new maternity centre in Kabul
- 2014-09-09 - JRS: optimistic about release of Jesuit priest taken hostage in June
- 2014-09-09 - A Christian MP in Iraq’s new government
- 2014-06-04 - Priest kidnapped, the JRS: "We trust in local communities"
- 2014-06-03 - Jesuit kidnapped: Fr. Moretti asks for "prayer and silence"
- 2014-02-26 - ASIA/AFGHANISTAN – Humanitarian aid and videogames for orphans in Herat
- 2014-01-29 - Peace and reconciliation: the expectations of the Afghan civil society
- 2013-09-23 - Minors abducted and exploited for the practice of "Bacha Bazi"
- 2013-09-09 - "To execute the converts to Christianity": shock-appeal in Parliament