AFRICA/TOGO - REV. PIERRE DOVI N’DANU-ALIPUI APPOINTED RECTOR OF THE JOHN PAUL II MAJOR INTER-DIOCESAN SEMINARY IN LOME
Vatican City (Fides Service) - Cardinal Crescenzio Sepe, Prefect of the Congregation for the Evangelisation of Peoples has appointed, 15 May 2003, Rector of John Paul II Major inter-diocesan seminary in Lome, (Togo) Rev. Pierre Dovi N’Danu-Alipui.
Rev. Pierre Dovi N’Danu-Alipui was born in 1932 in Lome. He studied for the priesthood in Togo and Rome at the Urban University. He was ordained a priest on 21 December 1960 in Rome. He has since been: vice-rector and prefect of studies at St Peter Claver minor seminary; rector of St Joseph’s College Lome; national director of Catholic education in Togo; parish priest, head of Catholic media. Missionary professor at the John Paul II major seminary; episcopal vicar in charge of formation of the laity. (Fides Service 30/5/2003 EM lines 13 Words: 147)
- 2014-02-26 - ASIA/AFGHANISTAN – Humanitarian aid and videogames for orphans in Herat
- 2014-01-29 - Peace and reconciliation: the expectations of the Afghan civil society
- 2013-09-23 - Minors abducted and exploited for the practice of "Bacha Bazi"
- 2013-09-09 - "To execute the converts to Christianity": shock-appeal in Parliament
- 2013-04-09 - In the country there are more than 8 million students, 39% of whom are girls
- 2013-04-03 - Parents forced to sell their children to cope with poverty
- 2012-11-29 - The African Church will set up "Faith, Culture and Development" Organ
- 2012-09-07 - A million children under 5 years of age are malnourished
- 2012-06-26 - Victims and people missing due to heavy rainfall recorded in the last days
- 2012-05-25 - The Taliban attack girls' schools in order to force the closure