AMERICA/ARGENTINA - IN THE YEAR OF THE ROSARY SOME 100,000 EXPECTED TO TAKE PART IN 26TH ROSARIO-SAN LORENZO YOUTH PILGRIMAGE
Rosario (Fides Service) – On June 1st there will be the 26th Rosario-San Lorenzo youth pilgrimage, dedicated this year, the year of the Rosary, to the words Jesus spoke to his disciple John, “Behold your Mother”, in order to help people discover that Mary is truly the Mother of all Christians. The Commission for Youth Pastoral of the archdiocese of Rosario underlines that the pilgrimage will take place on Ascension Day and World Communications Day (the Church in Argentina celebrates Communications Day and Ascension Day on the Sunday after Ascension Thursday) to be a response to the Lord’s command to go and proclaim the Gospel to the ends of the earth.
Every year this traditional event gathers more than 100,000 young people. The young people begin their pilgrimage at 7.30 in the morning from the Cathedral of the archdiocese of Rosario and walk 30 kilometres to the town of San Lorenzo, where there will be a solemn mass presided by Archbishop Eduardo Miras who is president of the Argentinean Bishops’ Conference. Along the way the young people will carry an image of Our Lady of the Rosary and whites flags as signs of commitment for peace. As a concrete act of solidarity with victims of recent floods in Santa Fe, on the occasion of the pilgrimage food and other necessities will be collected in aid of those in need. RZ (Fides Service 28/5/2003 EM lines 17 Words: 225)
- 2014-12-05 - ASIA/AFGHANISTAN – First baby arrives in MSF new maternity centre in Kabul
- 2014-09-09 - JRS: optimistic about release of Jesuit priest taken hostage in June
- 2014-09-09 - A Christian MP in Iraq’s new government
- 2014-06-04 - Priest kidnapped, the JRS: "We trust in local communities"
- 2014-06-03 - Jesuit kidnapped: Fr. Moretti asks for "prayer and silence"
- 2014-02-26 - ASIA/AFGHANISTAN – Humanitarian aid and videogames for orphans in Herat
- 2014-01-29 - Peace and reconciliation: the expectations of the Afghan civil society
- 2013-09-23 - Minors abducted and exploited for the practice of "Bacha Bazi"
- 2013-09-09 - "To execute the converts to Christianity": shock-appeal in Parliament
- 2013-04-09 - In the country there are more than 8 million students, 39% of whom are girls