ASIA/INDIA - CHRISTMAS MESSAGE FROM SYRO-MALANKAR ARCHBISHOP CYRIL BASELIOS: MAY CHRISTMAS PEACE AND JOY DISSOLVE SOCIAL, POLITICAL AND RELIGIOUS TENSION
New Delhi (Fides Service ) – “Let us pray that Christmas will increase good will and comprehension among ourselves to enable us to be signs of the presence of Jesus in the world today”. This is the Christmas Message issued by Archbishop. Cyril Baselios of Trivandrum of Syro-Malankar Catholics.
Addressing Catholics and all persons of good will on behalf of the Catholic Bishops’ Conference of India, the Archbishop said: “Our commemoration of the birth of Jesus on earth is an appropriate occasion for reaching all men and women with a message of peace and joy. Christmas for Christians means sharing these gifts with all people of good will. Christmas is a universal call to change our heart and open to others in an attitude of communion and harmony”.
“The Christmas message is all the more important today when the world is suffering from a series of crises in social, political and religious harmony which have undermined our efforts to build peace and unity all over the world. As Christians we have a duty to promote a culture of harmonious co-existence”.
The Archbishop ends his message on a cheerful note: “The message of Christmas is a message of hope. If we are true followers of Jesus we will spread his joy and peace. Christ comes bringing new confidence that it is possible to build a world of unity and peace”.
(PA) (Fides Service 23/12/2003 lines 27 words 285)
- 2014-06-04 - Priest kidnapped, the JRS: "We trust in local communities"
- 2014-06-03 - Jesuit kidnapped: Fr. Moretti asks for "prayer and silence"
- 2014-02-26 - ASIA/AFGHANISTAN – Humanitarian aid and videogames for orphans in Herat
- 2014-01-29 - Peace and reconciliation: the expectations of the Afghan civil society
- 2013-09-23 - Minors abducted and exploited for the practice of "Bacha Bazi"
- 2013-09-09 - "To execute the converts to Christianity": shock-appeal in Parliament
- 2013-04-09 - In the country there are more than 8 million students, 39% of whom are girls
- 2013-04-03 - Parents forced to sell their children to cope with poverty
- 2012-11-29 - The African Church will set up "Faith, Culture and Development" Organ
- 2012-09-07 - A million children under 5 years of age are malnourished