ASIA/INDIA - 10,000 VOLUMES ON SHOW AT “BOOK FESTIVAL” ORGANISED BY PAULINE SISTERS IN MUMBAI: KEEN INTEREST AMONG VISITORS
Mumbai (Fides Service) – Every year around Christmas the Pauline Editions organise a Book Festival in Mumbai. This year it was held from 28 November to 8 December at the House of the Pauline Sisters in Mumbai. The festival drew hundreds of visitors who took a keen interest in the more than 10,000 books on show. For the occasion new books and audio-visual productions were presented to the public. There were special initiatives for children and young people. People of various categories from Mumbai and surrounding area flocked to the fair.
Special guest at the opening ceremony Father Francis Carvalho, Headmaster of a college in Mumbai, was asked to light a traditional Indian lamp with the participation of sisters and co-workers. During the ceremony postulants performed a prayer dance to ask for God’s blessings. Sister Susan Lobo explained the finalities of the annual Book Festival, quoting the founder of the Pauline Congregation Blessed Don Alberione: “Blessed are the post women of Jesus who deliver the Lord’s love and peace” and she explained that among the books and audio-visual material there were various forms of “letters from God” to deliver and receive.
Father Francis Carvalho thanked the Daughters of St Paul for their presence and work in the archdiocese and said that the Festival offered visitors not only good books which inspire, comfort, encourage and motivate thousands of persons but also the Truth which liberates. The Book Festival was visited by hundreds of people who found books on various subjects and high quality audio-visual material and they said they would welcome the initiative more often. (S.L.) (Fides Service 23/12/2003; lines 20; words 304)
- 2014-12-05 - ASIA/AFGHANISTAN – First baby arrives in MSF new maternity centre in Kabul
- 2014-09-09 - JRS: optimistic about release of Jesuit priest taken hostage in June
- 2014-09-09 - A Christian MP in Iraq’s new government
- 2014-06-04 - Priest kidnapped, the JRS: "We trust in local communities"
- 2014-06-03 - Jesuit kidnapped: Fr. Moretti asks for "prayer and silence"
- 2014-02-26 - ASIA/AFGHANISTAN – Humanitarian aid and videogames for orphans in Herat
- 2014-01-29 - Peace and reconciliation: the expectations of the Afghan civil society
- 2013-09-23 - Minors abducted and exploited for the practice of "Bacha Bazi"
- 2013-09-09 - "To execute the converts to Christianity": shock-appeal in Parliament
- 2013-04-09 - In the country there are more than 8 million students, 39% of whom are girls