VATICAN - PLENARY ASSEMBLY OF THE CONGREGATION FOR THE EVANGELISATION OF PEOPLES: THEME, FORMATION IN MISSION TERRITORIES
Vatican City (Fides Service) – The Congregation for the Evangelisation of Peoples starts its Plenary Assembly today 22 May at the John Paul II Hall, Pontifical Urban University. Cardinal Crescenzio Sepe, Prefect of the Congregation, will give the opening address followed by a report from Archbishop Robert Sarah, Secretary of the Missionary Congregation. The topic chosen for this Plenary Assembly is “Formation in Missionary Territories” concerning seminarians, clergy, religious and catechists in mission lands. The participants will view the present situation, identify guiding principles for programmes of formation AND reflect on various aspects of the all important question of Formation. Speakers will include: Cardinal Dario Castrillon Hoyos, Prefect of the Congregation for the Clergy; Cardinal Polycarp Pengo, Archbishop of Dar es Salaam (Tanzania); Cardinal Ricardo J. Vidal Archbishop of Cebu (Philippines; Cardinal Vinko Puljic archbishop of Vhrbosna-Sarajevo. At the end of their work on 24 May the participants will be received in audience by Pope John Paul II. Participants include, besides the Prefect, Secretary, Secretary Adjunct and Under Secretary, also the members of the Congregation for the Evangelisation of Peoples: 27 cardinals, 14 archbishops or bishops, 4 National Directors of the Pontifical Mission Societies; 4 Religious Superiors General. SL (Fides Service 21/5/2003 EM lines 19 Words: 214)
- 2014-12-05 - ASIA/AFGHANISTAN – First baby arrives in MSF new maternity centre in Kabul
- 2014-09-09 - JRS: optimistic about release of Jesuit priest taken hostage in June
- 2014-09-09 - A Christian MP in Iraq’s new government
- 2014-06-04 - Priest kidnapped, the JRS: "We trust in local communities"
- 2014-06-03 - Jesuit kidnapped: Fr. Moretti asks for "prayer and silence"
- 2014-02-26 - ASIA/AFGHANISTAN – Humanitarian aid and videogames for orphans in Herat
- 2014-01-29 - Peace and reconciliation: the expectations of the Afghan civil society
- 2013-09-23 - Minors abducted and exploited for the practice of "Bacha Bazi"
- 2013-09-09 - "To execute the converts to Christianity": shock-appeal in Parliament
- 2013-04-09 - In the country there are more than 8 million students, 39% of whom are girls