EUROPE/ITALY - SALESIANS RE-STYLE WEB PORTAL: MORE SPACE FOR INFORMATION ON THE WORLD OF YOUTH, DEVELOPMENT OF PEOPLES, MISSION
Torino (Fides Service) – On Saturday 24 May, Feast of Mary Auxiliatrix from whom the Salesians draw their inspiration, in Torino where the Congregation was founded by Saint John Bosco the Rector Major Rev. Pascual Chavez will officially inaugurate the new web Portal which has been re-styled and enlarged. Since July 2000 the Salesians have been present in the world of the Internet with their site www.sdb.org. Since then almost 500,000 visitors have viewed the page in search of information on Saint John Bosco and the congregation, the work of the Salesians, the Salesian family.
Less than three years later the Portal has become international with 5 languages, new services, with an effective search engine, a reserved area, an access to services of downloading for wider interaction and a virtual meeting place more in keeping with the times. New also the graphics and the section of ANS international news agency, which has broadened its scope to include many areas of interest to youth, for example, education, social policies and special topics such as development of peoples, human promotion, missionary animation. Today there are about 17,000 Salesians working in 130 different countries all over the world. SL (Fides Service 21/5/2003 EM lines 19 Words: 220)
- 2015-08-07 - Women and children are the main victims of the war in the Country
- 2015-07-09 - Violence prevents aid workers to provide safe medical care
- 2015-02-23 - Release of Indian Jesuit held hostage for eight months
- 2014-12-05 - ASIA/AFGHANISTAN – First baby arrives in MSF new maternity centre in Kabul
- 2014-09-09 - JRS: optimistic about release of Jesuit priest taken hostage in June
- 2014-09-09 - A Christian MP in Iraq’s new government
- 2014-06-04 - Priest kidnapped, the JRS: "We trust in local communities"
- 2014-06-03 - Jesuit kidnapped: Fr. Moretti asks for "prayer and silence"
- 2014-02-26 - ASIA/AFGHANISTAN – Humanitarian aid and videogames for orphans in Herat
- 2014-01-29 - Peace and reconciliation: the expectations of the Afghan civil society