ASIA/CHINA - New edition of the Roman Missal in Chinese with simplified characters, to better meet current pastoral demands
Shi Jia Zhuang (Agenzia Fides) - The editor Faith Press has published a new edition of the Roman Missal in simplified Chinese, with horizontal arrangement, in order to better meet the current needs of priests and faithful. According to the information published by the press, today the majority of the Chinese priests are young, having been formed in recent years, and find it difficult to use the traditional Chinese that is written vertically and will, therefore, find it much more useful for them to be able to use the Roman Missal in simplified Chinese, with horizontal arrangement. Furthermore, the document has been made with great care. It is well-bound with a reasonable price, and contains the additional Errata Corrige. The new edition of the Misal can be viewed on the Internet, along with other useful information on the subject. In addition, the Catholic publishing house encourages priests and faithful to offer their suggestions and look out for possible errors, for the printing of an improved second edition. (NZ) (Agenzia Fides 4/2/2008; righe 13, parole 166)
- 2015-07-09 - Violence prevents aid workers to provide safe medical care
- 2015-02-23 - Release of Indian Jesuit held hostage for eight months
- 2014-12-05 - ASIA/AFGHANISTAN – First baby arrives in MSF new maternity centre in Kabul
- 2014-09-09 - JRS: optimistic about release of Jesuit priest taken hostage in June
- 2014-09-09 - A Christian MP in Iraq’s new government
- 2014-06-04 - Priest kidnapped, the JRS: "We trust in local communities"
- 2014-06-03 - Jesuit kidnapped: Fr. Moretti asks for "prayer and silence"
- 2014-02-26 - ASIA/AFGHANISTAN – Humanitarian aid and videogames for orphans in Herat
- 2014-01-29 - Peace and reconciliation: the expectations of the Afghan civil society
- 2013-09-23 - Minors abducted and exploited for the practice of "Bacha Bazi"