ASIA/CHINA - New edition of the Roman Missal in Chinese with simplified characters, to better meet current pastoral demands
Shi Jia Zhuang (Agenzia Fides) - The editor Faith Press has published a new edition of the Roman Missal in simplified Chinese, with horizontal arrangement, in order to better meet the current needs of priests and faithful. According to the information published by the press, today the majority of the Chinese priests are young, having been formed in recent years, and find it difficult to use the traditional Chinese that is written vertically and will, therefore, find it much more useful for them to be able to use the Roman Missal in simplified Chinese, with horizontal arrangement. Furthermore, the document has been made with great care. It is well-bound with a reasonable price, and contains the additional Errata Corrige. The new edition of the Misal can be viewed on the Internet, along with other useful information on the subject. In addition, the Catholic publishing house encourages priests and faithful to offer their suggestions and look out for possible errors, for the printing of an improved second edition. (NZ) (Agenzia Fides 4/2/2008; righe 13, parole 166)
- 2013-09-23 ASIA/AFGHANISTAN - Minors abducted and exploited for the practice of "Bacha Bazi"
- 2013-09-09 ASIA/AFGHANISTAN - "To execute the converts to Christianity": shock-appeal in Parliament
- 2013-04-09 ASIA/AFGHANISTAN - In the country there are more than 8 million students, 39% of whom are girls
- 2013-04-03 ASIA/AFGHANISTAN - Parents forced to sell their children to cope with poverty
- 2012-11-29 AFRICA - The African Church will set up "Faith, Culture and Development" Organ
- 2012-09-07 ASIA/AFGHANISTAN - A million children under 5 years of age are malnourished
- 2012-06-26 ASIA/AFGHANISTAN - Victims and people missing due to heavy rainfall recorded in the last days
- 2012-05-25 ASIA/AFGHANISTAN - The Taliban attack girls' schools in order to force the closure
- 2012-05-12 ASIA/AFGHANISTAN - The "Party of Solidarity" at risk, accused by "warlords"
- 2012-04-18 ASIA/AFGHANISTAN -Apprehension for disabled children of the Pro Children Association of Kabul