ASIA/SOUTH KOREA - “FAMILY SANCTIFICATION DEPARTMENT ” IN EVERY PARISH IN CHONJU DIOCESE TO ANIMATE FAMILY PASTORAL AND ANNOUNCE THE GOSPEL TO NON CHRISTIAN FAMILIES
Chonju (Fides Service ) – The Catholic Bishops of Korea have chosen the family as the focal point of the pastoral concern because they say the family must be seen both as the object and subject of evangelisation, a fundamental nucleus for carrying the Christian message to society. To implement this decision Bishop Vincent Pyong-ho of Chonju has asked every parish in his diocese to set up a special “ Family sanctification department FSD”. The department will have the task of animating family pastoral care and family evangelisation following pastoral guidelines with regard to the centrality of the family in the Church.
The FSD will co-ordinate concrete contact with Catholic families as well as promoting first evangelisation among non Christian families involving Christian families, spreading the faith and involving Christian families in providing psychological and practical help to families in difficulty.
In February 2004 Chonju diocese will hold a Seminar to form pastoral workers to serve in the FSD parish groups throughout the diocese. (PA) (Fides Service 12/11/2003 lines 18 words 170)
- 2014-06-04 - Priest kidnapped, the JRS: "We trust in local communities"
- 2014-06-03 - Jesuit kidnapped: Fr. Moretti asks for "prayer and silence"
- 2014-02-26 - ASIA/AFGHANISTAN – Humanitarian aid and videogames for orphans in Herat
- 2014-01-29 - Peace and reconciliation: the expectations of the Afghan civil society
- 2013-09-23 - Minors abducted and exploited for the practice of "Bacha Bazi"
- 2013-09-09 - "To execute the converts to Christianity": shock-appeal in Parliament
- 2013-04-09 - In the country there are more than 8 million students, 39% of whom are girls
- 2013-04-03 - Parents forced to sell their children to cope with poverty
- 2012-11-29 - The African Church will set up "Faith, Culture and Development" Organ
- 2012-09-07 - A million children under 5 years of age are malnourished