ASIA/SOUTH KOREA - “FAMILY SANCTIFICATION DEPARTMENT ” IN EVERY PARISH IN CHONJU DIOCESE TO ANIMATE FAMILY PASTORAL AND ANNOUNCE THE GOSPEL TO NON CHRISTIAN FAMILIES
Chonju (Fides Service ) – The Catholic Bishops of Korea have chosen the family as the focal point of the pastoral concern because they say the family must be seen both as the object and subject of evangelisation, a fundamental nucleus for carrying the Christian message to society. To implement this decision Bishop Vincent Pyong-ho of Chonju has asked every parish in his diocese to set up a special “ Family sanctification department FSD”. The department will have the task of animating family pastoral care and family evangelisation following pastoral guidelines with regard to the centrality of the family in the Church.
The FSD will co-ordinate concrete contact with Catholic families as well as promoting first evangelisation among non Christian families involving Christian families, spreading the faith and involving Christian families in providing psychological and practical help to families in difficulty.
In February 2004 Chonju diocese will hold a Seminar to form pastoral workers to serve in the FSD parish groups throughout the diocese. (PA) (Fides Service 12/11/2003 lines 18 words 170)
- 2015-07-09 - Violence prevents aid workers to provide safe medical care
- 2015-02-23 - Release of Indian Jesuit held hostage for eight months
- 2014-12-05 - ASIA/AFGHANISTAN – First baby arrives in MSF new maternity centre in Kabul
- 2014-09-09 - JRS: optimistic about release of Jesuit priest taken hostage in June
- 2014-09-09 - A Christian MP in Iraq’s new government
- 2014-06-04 - Priest kidnapped, the JRS: "We trust in local communities"
- 2014-06-03 - Jesuit kidnapped: Fr. Moretti asks for "prayer and silence"
- 2014-02-26 - ASIA/AFGHANISTAN – Humanitarian aid and videogames for orphans in Herat
- 2014-01-29 - Peace and reconciliation: the expectations of the Afghan civil society
- 2013-09-23 - Minors abducted and exploited for the practice of "Bacha Bazi"