AMERICA/CHILE - TOWARDS CAM 2 SECOND AMERICAN MISSION CONGRESS - “THE CHALLENGE TO BE AN EVER MORE MISSIONARY CHURCH” SANTIAGO ARCHDIOCESE CONGRESS
Santiago de Chile (Fides Service) – “Evangelising the heart of the city” is the slogan of archdiocesan congress in Santiago de Chile which will take place on Saturday 15 November. The national office in Chile of the Pontifical Mission Societies informs Fides that the congress, part of a “Missionary Animation, Formation, Spirituality and Action” project started in 2002 by the archdiocesan Mission Department (a group of the Gran Río mission society), was organised in preparation for the 2nd American Mission Congress CAM 2.
Pastoral workers from 250 parishes will take part and also guests from Rancagua, Copiapó, San Felipe y La Serena, dioceses where Gran Ríom Mission is present. The main goal of the Congress, which will focus on the theme “The challenge of being a missionary Church”, is to “revive missionary awareness and action in the local Church in order to meet with more generosity and effectiveness pastoral challenges posed by the world today ”.
Specific objectives include:
- Theological and pastoral reflection on the Church’s missionary responsibility to illuminate pastoral work.
- Identify and analyse new social and cultural areas for mission calling for more urgent care to orient efforts in this sense.
- Revive missionary awareness in the ecclesial communities of the local Church that they may strengthen missionary animation, formation, spirituality, cooperation and activity.
- Make known important mission experience to inspire new pastoral responses to the challenges of mission today.
Speakers will include Bishop Andrés Arteaga, Auxiliary of Santiago: “evangelisation of culture”; Rev. Jorge Dezilio, Director of Gran Río Mission: “The missionary dimension of the parish” and María Isabel Vaamonde, Missiologist, Co-ordinator of Gran Río Mission and directress of Redemptoris Missio College: “Catholic institutes of education and mission”. (RG) (Agenzia Fides 11/11/2003 – lines 28; words 312).
- 2015-08-07 - Women and children are the main victims of the war in the Country
- 2015-07-09 - Violence prevents aid workers to provide safe medical care
- 2015-02-23 - Release of Indian Jesuit held hostage for eight months
- 2014-12-05 - ASIA/AFGHANISTAN – First baby arrives in MSF new maternity centre in Kabul
- 2014-09-09 - JRS: optimistic about release of Jesuit priest taken hostage in June
- 2014-09-09 - A Christian MP in Iraq’s new government
- 2014-06-04 - Priest kidnapped, the JRS: "We trust in local communities"
- 2014-06-03 - Jesuit kidnapped: Fr. Moretti asks for "prayer and silence"
- 2014-02-26 - ASIA/AFGHANISTAN – Humanitarian aid and videogames for orphans in Herat
- 2014-01-29 - Peace and reconciliation: the expectations of the Afghan civil society