ASIA/INDIA - YOUNG FILM DIRECTORS PROMOTE NON VIOLENCE WITH THEIR FIRST FILMS AT “DON BOSCO FILM FESTIVAL FOR PEACE”
Bombay (Fides Service) – A campaign for peace through cinema, with the help of the figure of Saint John Bosco: this is the objective of Don Bosco Film Festival For Peace, organised by Salesian Fathers in Bombay. The Festival will open on 15 November at the Don Bosco High School Auditorium. It will present films, documentaries, advertisements produced by students at the college with the help of professionals in the sector and other people engaged in the field of justice and peace. The Festival will also be an opportunity for the youth of Bombay to send a message of peace and harmony to all young Indians and also to spread information about the 20th world Youth Day in Germany in 2005 and encourage participation.
The students graduated from courses with script writers, film directors, and technicians also watching various films on the theme of peace and they attended seminars on non violence which involved them in exercises of education to peace.
Students from other schools and colleges in Bombay will also take part including many non Christians with whom the Catholic students will be able to live an experience of culture sharing and brotherhood. (PA) (Fides Service 6/11/2003 Lines: 21 Words: 187)
- 2014-06-04 - Priest kidnapped, the JRS: "We trust in local communities"
- 2014-06-03 - Jesuit kidnapped: Fr. Moretti asks for "prayer and silence"
- 2014-02-26 - ASIA/AFGHANISTAN – Humanitarian aid and videogames for orphans in Herat
- 2014-01-29 - Peace and reconciliation: the expectations of the Afghan civil society
- 2013-09-23 - Minors abducted and exploited for the practice of "Bacha Bazi"
- 2013-09-09 - "To execute the converts to Christianity": shock-appeal in Parliament
- 2013-04-09 - In the country there are more than 8 million students, 39% of whom are girls
- 2013-04-03 - Parents forced to sell their children to cope with poverty
- 2012-11-29 - The African Church will set up "Faith, Culture and Development" Organ
- 2012-09-07 - A million children under 5 years of age are malnourished