AMERICA/GUATEMALA - TOWARDS THE SECOND AMERICAN MISSION CONGRESS (CAM 2) –EXPLANATION OF THE OFFICIAL LOGO: “CHRIST CAME TO SAVE MANKIND”
Guatemala City (Fides Service) - The aim of the artist who designed the logo for the 2nd American Mission Congress (CAM 2) was to highlight the most important aspect of the Gospel: “Christ came to save mankind” from evil, from sin and from everything which is contrary to the will of God. The Cross, the symbol of Christ, appears to break down the barriers which separate mankind from God. The way in which the Cross breaks the barriers reminds us of an egg, the symbol of creation, and it indicates that from the Cross new life is born. The Cross allows mankind to break the shell of isolation imposed by the world. Mankind is born to new life by believing in the teaching of Jesus and in this way enters eternal life.
The world is portrayed with rays of light which pour from Central America where CAM 2 will take place. The light does not stand for the Congress, it stands for the Gospel, the words of Jesus which free mankind from the darkness of evil and show the Way to Salvation. The artist uses only four colours, black, blue, sky blue and violet. The choice of colours was purposely discreet to express the seriousness and importance of the Congress. The logo was created by Sergio Cantini Nunes from Belo Horizonte (Brazil). (R.Z.) (Fides Service 5/11/2003; lines 15; words 222)
- 2014-02-26 - ASIA/AFGHANISTAN – Humanitarian aid and videogames for orphans in Herat
- 2014-01-29 - Peace and reconciliation: the expectations of the Afghan civil society
- 2013-09-23 - Minors abducted and exploited for the practice of "Bacha Bazi"
- 2013-09-09 - "To execute the converts to Christianity": shock-appeal in Parliament
- 2013-04-09 - In the country there are more than 8 million students, 39% of whom are girls
- 2013-04-03 - Parents forced to sell their children to cope with poverty
- 2012-11-29 - The African Church will set up "Faith, Culture and Development" Organ
- 2012-09-07 - A million children under 5 years of age are malnourished
- 2012-06-26 - Victims and people missing due to heavy rainfall recorded in the last days
- 2012-05-25 - The Taliban attack girls' schools in order to force the closure