EUROPE/ITALY - REV. PASQUALE LIBERATORE SALESIAN POSTULATOR WORKING ON BEATIFICATION OF POPE JOHN PAUL I DIES AT THE AGE OF 71
Rome (Fides Service) –Salesian Father Rev. Pasquale Liberatore, Postulator General for the causes of Saints of the Congregation of St John Bosco, died on 31 October at the age of 71. ANS Salesian news agency reports that among the many causes entrusted to his care, Father Liberatore had been charged by the Bishop of Belluno to work on the process for the beatification of Pope John Paul I, Albino Luciani who died on 28September 1978.
Pasquale Liberatore was born at Palazzo San Gervasio, Potenza, Italy 27 March 1932. He was ordained a priest in 1958 and held several responsibilities in the Congregation of the Salesians. In September 1990 he was called to work at the general house and since 1992 he had been general postulator of the causes of saints of the Salesian Congregation a task which he carried out with commitment and dedication. PA (Fides Service 3/11/2003 EM lines 17 Words: 156)
- 2014-06-04 - Priest kidnapped, the JRS: "We trust in local communities"
- 2014-06-03 - Jesuit kidnapped: Fr. Moretti asks for "prayer and silence"
- 2014-02-26 - ASIA/AFGHANISTAN – Humanitarian aid and videogames for orphans in Herat
- 2014-01-29 - Peace and reconciliation: the expectations of the Afghan civil society
- 2013-09-23 - Minors abducted and exploited for the practice of "Bacha Bazi"
- 2013-09-09 - "To execute the converts to Christianity": shock-appeal in Parliament
- 2013-04-09 - In the country there are more than 8 million students, 39% of whom are girls
- 2013-04-03 - Parents forced to sell their children to cope with poverty
- 2012-11-29 - The African Church will set up "Faith, Culture and Development" Organ
- 2012-09-07 - A million children under 5 years of age are malnourished