VATICAN - ON ALL SAINTS DAY THE POPE SAYS: “THE SAINTS AND BLESSEDS IN PARADISE REMIND US PILGRIMS ON THE EARTH THAT WE FIND SUPPORT EVERY DAY NEVER TO LOSE SIGHT OF OUR ETERNAL DESTINY FIRST OF ALL IN PRAYER ”
Vatican City (Fides Service) – The feast of All Saints “turns our eyes to the immense multitude of those who have already reached the heavenly homeland, and it points to the way which leads to this destination”. This was how Pope John Paul II introduced the prayer of the Angelus at midday on Saturday 1 November. from his window over looking St Peter’s Square where thousands gathered to pray with him.
“The Saints and Blesseds in paradise remind us pilgrims on the earth that we find support every day never to lose sight of our eternal destiny first of all in prayer ” – the Pope said - . For many of them it was the Rosary – the prayer to which we dedicated the year which has just closed – that offered a valuable means for their daily conversation with the Lord. The Rosary led them to intimate communion with Christ and the Blessed Virgin Mary.”
Pope John Paul II recalled that “the Rosary is truly a simple prayer accessible to all, leading to holiness, the vocation of every baptised Christian... In the apostolic Letter Novo millennio ineunte I reminded all the faithful that holiness is a priority for Christian life.”(S.L.) (Fides Service 3/11/2003 – lines 13; words 215)
- 2014-09-09 - JRS: optimistic about release of Jesuit priest taken hostage in June
- 2014-09-09 - A Christian MP in Iraq’s new government
- 2014-06-04 - Priest kidnapped, the JRS: "We trust in local communities"
- 2014-06-03 - Jesuit kidnapped: Fr. Moretti asks for "prayer and silence"
- 2014-02-26 - ASIA/AFGHANISTAN – Humanitarian aid and videogames for orphans in Herat
- 2014-01-29 - Peace and reconciliation: the expectations of the Afghan civil society
- 2013-09-23 - Minors abducted and exploited for the practice of "Bacha Bazi"
- 2013-09-09 - "To execute the converts to Christianity": shock-appeal in Parliament
- 2013-04-09 - In the country there are more than 8 million students, 39% of whom are girls
- 2013-04-03 - Parents forced to sell their children to cope with poverty