AMERICA/CHILE - “SUFFERING A VOCATION TO SERVE”: FOR AN INTEGRAL AND HUMANISED VISION OF SICKNESS AND SUFFERING
Santiago de Chile (Fides Service ) – As part of celebrations for the 60th anniversary of the Catholic University Hospital in Santiago de Chile and the Year of Vocations called by the Catholic Church in Chile, the Hospital Pastoral Service has organised “Health Care Pastoral Days” on the theme “Suffering a vocation to serve” in view of offering an integral and humanised vision of sickness and suffering.
The symposium is taking place on 24 and 25 October at the José Manuel Irrarazaval Aula Magna in the Central House of the Pontifical Catholic University of Chile. Participants include pastoral workers, priests, Religious, professionals of health care and anyone interested in this subject. Conferences include: “The saving value of Suffering ”; “From Suffering to Solidarity ”; “Moral dilemmas of the 21st Century – the Christ Proposal”; “Suffering, its theological significance”; “Counselling of families with invalids”. (R.Z.) (Agenzia Fides 25/10/2003 – lines 11; words 146)
- 2014-06-04 - Priest kidnapped, the JRS: "We trust in local communities"
- 2014-06-03 - Jesuit kidnapped: Fr. Moretti asks for "prayer and silence"
- 2014-02-26 - ASIA/AFGHANISTAN – Humanitarian aid and videogames for orphans in Herat
- 2014-01-29 - Peace and reconciliation: the expectations of the Afghan civil society
- 2013-09-23 - Minors abducted and exploited for the practice of "Bacha Bazi"
- 2013-09-09 - "To execute the converts to Christianity": shock-appeal in Parliament
- 2013-04-09 - In the country there are more than 8 million students, 39% of whom are girls
- 2013-04-03 - Parents forced to sell their children to cope with poverty
- 2012-11-29 - The African Church will set up "Faith, Culture and Development" Organ
- 2012-09-07 - A million children under 5 years of age are malnourished